Friday, August 8, 2014

Heaven

Literally, Jacob Lake is heaven on earth for me.  We packed up the trailer and the kids and headed to Arizona for our favorite camping trip of the year.  We ate at the diner first and then had the notorious Jacob Lake Inn cookies!  It was nice and cool at night so we bundled up by the fire and enjoyed the stars.  The next morning the kids headed to the fort for some serious building... Wyatt mostly threw sticks and made every "cool" stick some sort of weapon that makes shooting noises.  Then we went hiking, got ice-cream, and rode bikes for most of the day.  And who could forget playing Yahtzee most of the entire trip!!  Our last night there, we ate our favorite camping meal of Dutch oven potatoes, steak, and watermelon.  And to top it off, smores by the fire!!!

Seriously, I feel so close with my family when we are together in nature.  They are the most amazing kids and I am so glad to be their mother.  School is starting in 2 days and the madness of being in season will begin again.  I am going to stay grounded and draw strength and love from my husband and little ones.  I am one lucky mama.









No comments:

Post a Comment